Friday, February 6, 2009

My God I am losing my hair big time!


Here it is! My first taste of the Racer 5 (8/10) by bear republic on tap at the always fun Thrash Zone. Huge IPA with lots of pine and citrus hops. A very full body. Just shaded by Green Flash's IPA as the best american IPA I've had.

Next up was the Big Bear Stout (8.5/10). At 8% abv it teeters precariously between a huge stout and a light Imperial stout, but either way it is delicious. Bitter, ugly and black, I could drink this all night.

Lastly had a Green FLash Barleywine, generously shared by a Gentleman there with his Girlfriend. Nice people. The Barleywine (8/10) was huge, especially on the nose. VERY full bodied and lots of sweet flavours on the palate. A bit too much, as I had trouble finishing it.

Then the dash for the last train home before watching 30 rock and curling up for a well deserved kip. TOP NIGHT! Thanks Koichi!

No comments:

Post a Comment