Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Choco beer reviews from jay pan


Sankt Gallen have some special beers out for Valentine's day. I didn't need an excuse to buy and drink them. But, to the love of my life, If you're out there, I bought them for you.

Sankt Gallen Imperial Chocolate Stout (8.5/10). Smooth Impy here. Slightly thin mouth feel is the only distraction form the obligatory dark chocolate and Sweet dark fruit combination on the palate. A bit on the nose at 600+ yen, but good for a few.

Sankt Gallen Orange Chocolate Stout (8/10). Nice surprise here. The orange chocolate is nice and evident throughout what is a nice stout. The beer name perfectly sums up this little beauty more than I ever could. Take a punt and enjoy. A more reasonable 500 yen sweetens the deal for me. 7% abv.

Unfortunately I went to pick up the Shonan Chocolate Porter today at Sogo, but it was all sold out. Blast my indecision!

No comments:

Post a Comment