Thursday, February 12, 2009

Friday the 13th followed by Valentine's Day? What strange forces are at play here?

Here's a little reminder I left for my students on the class schedule board today...


Already got some chocolate from a few students and even some beer tickets (?!?). Seriously. They know I love beer so I got 6 big bottles and 4 cans worth of beer tickets to use. Hope i can use them on some Yo Ho brews or at the very least Yebisu (or maybe a chocolate beer?) at the local liqour store. Lovely start to this the most evil of days!


To honour this day I present my top 5 horror movies in no particular order.


1. Jaws (Scared me outta the water to this day)


2. Evil Dead 2 (black comedy and grissly horror...Bruce Campbell!)


3. Predator (Not a horror film per ce, but the predator is the stuff of nightmares)


4. Night of the Living Dead (The original - Amazing especially for it's age)


5. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Again a great movie for the time that still stands up today)

3 comments:

  1. Evil Dead 2, oh I haven't seen it in forever. I do have Army of Darkness on dvd down here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three evil deads are kick ass but oh so different!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'd toss Chainsaw Massacre out in favor of The Thing (John Carpenter version) and Jaws in favor of Dawn of the Dead (original version). But overall a decent horror flick list. :)

    Beer-n-horror films. It doesn't get much better.

    ReplyDelete