Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Rant time on Craft Beer Bar

Public holiday today here in Japan for Foundation day. The national day for japan like Australia Day or 4th of July for the Yanks. Decided to head to Craft Beer Bar in Kannai to try the Hitachino Nest Celebration Ale. It's a seasonal and at 9% and featuring some interesting spices, it is meant to be quite the beer. But guess what? when I got there it was out...

Which leads me to my rant. Whenever I head to said bar for a special pint, whether it be Shiga Kogen House IPA or a special like the Hitachino, they are invariably out of said brew in record time. This irks me cos it's not the biggest bar (maybe 15 people max?) and is never overly busy. The owner is nice and efficient (no English though) but what is he doing? I think he orders tiny kegs or is drinking half the good stuff himself! A Good beer will last a day or two max! This is not how to run a bar!

My advice is to hit up Popeyes in Tokyo If you can. With 70 beers on tap it is unlikely to not have a beer you have been dying to try. If Tokyo is not an option then the Craft Beer Bar is fine, although expect the good brews to be well gone by the time you arrive.

Well I feel better now...

1 comment:

  1. Hope that wasn't my fault, being late wiht teh blog entries again. I have the same problem with MCCanns and quite a few abrs, actually. Someof them don't update their websites until the following day or late in teh evening. When you're using a guest barrel of 10 or 15l, then it's pot luck if it's gonna still be there when you gert there. In December, I had 40 bloody beers run out on me. One of them was ordered and ran out JUST BEFORE I walked into the bar.
    p.s. did you find your bag after?

    ReplyDelete