Thursday, February 19, 2009

As a child growing up in the 80s....

Time for another list! Being a child of the 80s I grew up with some great music. Many would call these songs cheesy now, but I still enjoy them. For the melodies, memories and plain good songwriting. My top 10 1980s songs as follows:-

1. Electric Dreams - Giorgio Moroder

2. A Good Heart - Feargal Sharkey

3. Down Under - Men at Work

4. One Night in Bangkok - Murray Head

5. Neverending Story - Giorgio Moroder

6. Careless Whisper - George Michael

7. Don't Lose my Number - Phil Collins

8. We Didn't Start The Fire - Billy Joel

9. Labamba - Los Lobos

10. Electric Blue - Icehouse (great aussie rock!)

and a few that just missed out

  • Beat It - Michael Jackson (for my Michael Jackson loving friend - You know who you are!)
  • Dear God - XTC
  • Our House - Madness
  • Take on me - A Ha
  • Everybody Wants to Rule the World - Tears for Fears
  • We Built This City - Starship
  • We're Not Gonna Take It - Twisted Sister
  • Don't Dream It's Over - Crowded House
  • Wired For Sound - Cliff Richard
  • Come Over to my Place - Mental as Anything
  • I Want to Know What Love Is - ?
  • Jump - Van Halen
  • Boys of Summer - Don Henley
  • I'm Still Standing - Elton John
  • She Drives Me Crazy - Fine Young Cannibals

Talk about great music! I could listen to these songs on repeat over and over again (and over). There are probably a few I missed, but these were all I could think of for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment