Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Beer hunting


Gonna try something different. I will list my top 10 beers I want to try (that as yet I haven't locked my lips around) and try to wittle them down. Of course more will probably be added over time. Feel free to add your own..I didn't add Dark Lord by Three Floyds cos it's only sold once a year from the brewpub so I will probably not get my hands on it. Same goes for Surly Darkness.

1.Westvleteren 12 (Belgium) Quadrapel

2.Alemsith Speedway Stout (USA) RIS

3.Bell's Expedition Stout (USA) RIS

4.Surly Furious (USA) IPA

5. Bell's Hopslam (USA) DIPA

6.Founder's Breakfast Stout (USA) RIS

7.Oskar Blues Ten Fidy (USA) RIS

8.Murray's 2IPA (Australia) DIPA

9.Dieu De Ciel Peche Mortel (Canada) RIS

10.Ayinger Celebrator Doppelbock (Germany) Doppelbock

Obviously a lot of American brews here, but they are doing it better than anyone else at the moment. Also lots of Imperial Stouts (my favourite!)...No Japanese beers because I believe I have tried all the best ones...or have I?

12 comments:

  1. Well, I've had number 10.
    That's a start.
    Didn't think too much of it. Don't care for Ayinger that much, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw "Westvleteren 12 (Belgium) Quadrapel" on sale in a bar in Shibuya last night - 15,000 yen a bottle. :)

    Homebrew Japan
    http://homebrewjapan.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, I've added your blog to my links list.

    Homebrew Japan
    http://homebrewjapan.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That stuff is never meant to be resold.
    The monks will be rolling over in their robes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jonno..I'm going to KY this summer and am bringing some of these back! I met Larry Bell a few years ago..Hopslam and Exp. Stout are both great brews!!!

    I want to try the KBS too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments guys.

    Chuwy - tongue in cheek, the monks shouldn't make such delicious beer in the age of the internet if they didn't want such exposure!

    homebrewjapan whats your name?

    DH you are a lucky guy. I really want to try all of Bell's offerings. Hope you enjoy them on your trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just bought the 12 in Tanakaya for 1840yen. Got the bloody 8 too plus a few more while I was there. Oh well. Salary come, salary go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah its not cheap is it...hopefully worth it though! I got a six pack waiting for me with Tim, so that is going to cost a pretty penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. I heard rumours that Tim had a 6 pack. But I didn't realise it was 'all for you'.
    (^-^)

    ReplyDelete
  10. > homebrewjapan whats your name?

    With the uncertainty about the "legality" of homebrewing in Japan, I don't use my real name online - I just use the homebrewjapan handle :)

    ReplyDelete