Sunday, March 22, 2009

Pliny I hardly knew you


Had a bastard of a weekend so I decided o get in to my bottle of Pliny the Elder sooner rather than later. It was good. Damn good.

Yes the best double IPA I’ve had along with the ruination. Pours a gorgeous dark yellow with a creamy froathy head. The nose is an unbelievable hop extravaganza. The mouthfeel is smooth and medium to full bodied. Taste of grapefruit, citrus and pine. Lingers in the mouth for a while, but not in an overpowering way. I stumbled across this in Tanakaya and it was 1260 yen well spent. Who knows when I’ll be able to try this amazing brew again, if ever!

Good ol Double IPAs. They certainly know how to show you a good time. On a slight note they are also one of the most dangerous beers to drink in a bar. At 7 to 10% and gooing down so easily, they can really sneak up on you quickly. I really enjoy the Stone Ruination, Speakeasy Double Daddy and Shiga Kogen's House IPA. mmmMMmmm its beer time (copyright McDonalds corp).

No comments:

Post a Comment