Saturday, March 21, 2009

Crossover...hope that doesn't mean limp bizkit:(


Well last weekend I went to the Thrash Zone to try Koichi san's creation...CROSSOVER. He made the beer at Yokohama brewery and apparently used 5kg of hops to create this monster. Heres my ratebeer review.

This is a brew by Koichi from Thash Zone. It’s a cross between a cream ale and an IPA. Unfiltered. Poured with a half inch of head. A dense, cloudy light orange hue. Big nose of grapefruit and citrus. The hops are Amarillo and Centennial. Big, solid mouthful with a strong grapefruit taste on the palate. Sits in the mouth for a while after. Definately more of an west coast style IPA, they only thing letting it down was that it was a bit one dimensional. Otherwise a more than competent brew. Well done Koichi!

Truly it was a tongue scraping hop monster. Koichi said the dry hopped version was too extreme, so I'm glad  I got the original. Always nice to try new brews. If you tried it let me know what you thought!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it's a bit of a silly hopped beer but not bad. Very suitable for the Thrashzone, perhaps. I actually preferred the dry hopped version. Most poeple I talked to at the event did too. It was more 'sane'. You almost need to shove your tongue into a bowl of honey to get rid of the hop bitterness, hours after drinking the stuff.

    ReplyDelete