Monday, May 18, 2009

Lazy bastard


Yes, I am, but in my defence I've been battling a chest cold that won't go away. Anyway a quick harp on what is the best beer I've had recently -  Shiga Kogen IPA (9/10). If you know me, you know I love the brewery, but got to try this great brew, in peak condition at Craft Beer Bar on the weekend and it was great. Better than most American attempts. It hits all the right notes without being to over the top or aggressive. My recommendation is to get a pint (or 3) in to you asap to to see what good brewing is all about. cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, after a 10 day holiday, the Craft Beer Bar came back with avengance!
    They had an almost perfect line up, those first few days.
    I had the Minoh weissen moku, which was lovely.
    Gentle weissen with a touch of smoke. just right and served in great condition. Tim M had a Nest Extra high (also great). Next for me was a coin toss between a Shiga Kogen IPA and an Iwate Kura oyster stout (on handpump!). Both gorrrrrgeous beers. Ended up having the oyster stout - it was GORRRGEOUSSSSS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oktoberfest tmrw.
    Wont be able to get there till at least 6. gonna tanakaya first to stock up on cheaper but superior booze.

    ReplyDelete