Saturday, January 3, 2009


Happy new year! So anyway as I said I was in Nagano last week. A small town called yudanaka to be exact.
These guys to my left are the main attraction cos they love bathing in the local hot springs.
however, even more interesting are the hot springs for human use and the local brewery, known as Shiga Kogen Beer.
I got to lounge outdoors in a Rotenburo (Outdoor Hot Spring) in the mountains, overlooking the town. I watched the sunset whilst whiling away my troubles in the fantastic natural thermal springs. If your in Japan you definately have to visit an Onsen.
At the brewery they were brewing the IPA, which they allowed me to taste during the brewing process. MMMMMMM. They also gave to samples of all their beers except the House IPA, which I bought a bottle of the 2007 vintage anyways. They also brew delicious sake If that's your thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment